Preventorium D is a fantastic art deco style building that was built to accommodate children who were infected with tuberculosis. Work on the building started in the 1950′s and completion is recorded in 1955 when the hospital was in full operation. It continued to act as a sanatorium until the mid 1980′s. Preventorium’s differed slightly from sanatoriums in that they catered more specifically to patients with an early state of infection. The building had a brief history closing only 30 years later when it became uneconomical to maintain the 150 bed capacity preventorium. Following the closure of the hospital the property was sold to a businessman, the hospital would be stripped and converted into high end loft apartments. We knew in advance there wasn’t much to see, but the nice vintage firebrigade truck was worth a short stop.