Wet Dogs | HF4
This steel industry site was built in 1836 in Belgium. The powerplant was part of a blast furnace, which wasn’t used anymore since 2008. During it’s history there were many fusions and takeovers, in 2001 the final owner was an Italian group. But they stopped their activities already in 2008. In 2012 the main part of the site got abandoned and started rusting. A lot of buildings on the site have been demolished already and there’s still an active part with working camera’s and security guards. Possibly they called it “Wet Dogs” because of the security guards and their dogs. There are plans to turn the blast furnace into a museum and maybe also the powerplant in future.