Hasard De Cheratte
The coalmine is composed of four mine shafts. The first well was dug in 1850 to extract dice coal and closed for the first time in 1877 following an accident. It re-opened thirty years later in 1907 and operated until 1977. In the early twenty-first century, the mine is now known as an urban ruin. Remediation of the site and the demolition of several buildings are planned between 2014 and 2015.